These tender, juicy kebabs are marinated overnight in yogurt and a Middle Eastern-inspired spice blend. Serve them up in a pita with lettuce, tomato, feta and tahini sauce.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-1 ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup plain, whole milk yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked, sweet paprika
- ½ tsp garam masala or baharat spice blend, if you can find it
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2T lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ tsp fresh cracked pepper, plus more as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1C green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Tahini sauce, for serving
- Feta cheese, for crumbling
- Pita bread, for serving
- 1For marinade, combine yogurt, spices, garlic and lemon juice. Add chicken and marinade at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Remove excess marinade and skewer chicken. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- 2Allow chicken to come to room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour before grilling. Heat grill pan or outdoor grill over medium to medium-high heat. Season chicken with additional salt and pepper. Grill for a total of about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is charred and cooked through.
- 3Lightly drizzle lettuce with oil, squeeze over lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Season tomato slices with salt and pepper. Serve chicken, lettuce and tomato in pita bread and top with tahini sauce and feta. I like to cut up extra lettuce and tomato on the side and use any leftover tahini sauce as salad dressing.